Effective: February 19, 2015
Table of Contents
1. ndds is committed to identifying the purposes for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the information is collected, and to documenting the purposes for which Personal Information is collected. The Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
(a) Contact information, such as your name and/or the name of your organization, as well as your complete mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, website address, and email address;
(b) Date of birth and first name of the child and email address of the parent or caregiver registering for or purchasing the the “ndds” or the Electronic “endds”;
(c) When making purchases, credit card information, not including personal banking information will be collected;
(d) When using the website, the user’s IP address is collected and personal email address will be requested; and
(e) Other Personal Information that may be collected to be used for purposes that an individual would consider reasonable in the circumstances.
1. The above noted Personal Information that ndds collects from you may be used by ndds for the following limited purposes:
(a) Customer contact information is used to complete sales and shipping transactions;
(b) Credit card information is collected for the payment of purchases;
(c) Date of birth of the child is required in order to email the parent/guardian the initial age-related checklist;
(d) Email addresses are used to send checklists and to send reminder emails to users when it is time for the user to complete the next checklist; and
(e) To determine Ontario residency and therefore establish if the user can access the free version of the checklists and activities available for Ontario residents on the ndds website.
1. By providing your Personal Information to ndds, you have confirmed your trust in us. We are honoured by this and take pride in serving you. ndds may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following limited ways:
(a) Statistics from Ontario users downloading PDFs and accessing the endds from the ndds website are shared with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (“MCYS”) as part of ndds’ licensing agreement with the MCYS; and
(b) When requested, endds statistics are shared with health units in Ontario for their catchment area.
(c) Personal Information is shared with Moyer Printing in order to fulfill and ship products ordered.
Personal Information is only shared with MCYS or Ontario health units in a format that does not disclose the identity of the users or their children.
2. Personal Information may also be disclosed without your consent if required by law or where ndds believes, upon reasonable grounds, that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of an identifiable person or group.
3. In addition, we may use Personal Information collected from or on behalf of another organization without your consent if you had consented to the use of the Personal Information by the other organization, and we are using the Personal Information solely for the purposes for which the information was previously collected and to carry out work on behalf of the other organization.
4. We may also disclose Personal Information to another organization without your consent if you had consented to the use of the Personal Information by us, and we are disclosing the Personal Information to the other organization solely for the purposes for which the information was previously collected.
1. ndds stores and maintains Personal Information in conformity with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. We use a variety of secure means to store your Personal Information. These include:
(a) Electronic order forms (with the exception of credit card information) are stored in Simply Accounting software;
(b) Personal Information collected from Ontario residents registering for PDF downloads and accessing endds and similar Personal Information from customers purchasing the online version of ndds and endds is stored on the one of two secure servers stored in a home office and monitored several times daily; and
(c) Hard copies of order forms containing Personal Information and credit card information are stored in locked filing cabinets in secure areas.
3. ndds does not store any credit card or banking information electronically. All online orders are paid through a PayPal terminal, which does not store credit card numbers and the complete card number is not visible to the ndds Management Consultant. Credit card numbers are not stored in the Simply Accounting software and are blacked out on hard copy order forms once processed.
1. In order to login to the website, an individual’s email address is collected and the computer’s IP address is also collected to determine Ontario residency. If the person chooses to use the interactive checklist on the website, they provide their child’s birth date (but no other personal information) in order to determine which checklist to provide. For each subsequent child registered, the child’s first name and birth date are collected.
2. An individual may choose to share and store their location information so the website can recognize them when the individual returns to the website and the information can be used to determine Ontario residency.
4. Information voluntarily disclosed online in discussion areas or other public areas of our website can be collected, used and disclosed by third parties. Any submissions made to discussion areas or other public areas on our website are done at the user’s risk and on the understanding that such information may be accessible to third parties. We cannot control and will not be liable for any damages that may arise from such user activity.
ndds applies the ten principles of the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information when collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information:
(a) Developing procedures to protect Personal Information;
(b) Developing procedures to receive and respond to complaints and inquiries;
(c) Training our staff about our policies and practices respecting Personal Information; and
(d) Developing and distributing information to our staff and the general public explaining our policies and procedures respecting Personal Information.
2. Identifying Purposes
ndds is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how your Personal Information is used. We are dedicated to obtaining the informed consent of individuals who provide us with their Personal Information. If your Personal Information is to be used for a new purpose not previously identified, consent for that new purpose will be obtained. To this end, all of our employees, personnel or agents are instructed to provide information about how Personal Information is used by us to all interested individuals who inquire, as well as obtain the informed consent of those who provide their Personal Information to ndds. As well, we may periodically request written confirmation from you to ensure that the Personal Information collected and maintained by us is up-to-date and accurate. We may also ensure that we have your continuing consent to use and retain your Personal Information. ndds will not disclose your Personal Information without your consent. It will only do so if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) Conform to obligations imposed by law or statute;
(b) Meet an emergency need; and/or
(c) As required pursuant to a criminal investigation.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting the Chief Privacy Compliance Officer. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent may impact ndds’ ability to serve you and to maintain your relationship with ndds.
4. Limiting Collection
ndds restricts the collection of Personal Information only to that information that is necessary for the limited purposes noted above. We are committed to collecting Personal Information in a fair, open and lawful manner. For this reason, ndds does not indiscriminately collect Personal Information. We collect Personal Information to fulfill the above-noted purposes only, and for no other purposes.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
ndds is committed to maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date Personal Information. If you are aware of changes to the Personal Information you have given to us, simply inform us of the changes and we will update our records accordingly. You may check and correct your Personal Information by contacting ndds and the Chief Privacy Compliance Officer assigned to oversee the day-to-day care and control of Personal Information by writing or emailing your request to the address set out below.
ndds has developed and implemented security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information kept by us. We also ensure that any of our employees who deal with Personal Information are properly trained and are aware of the necessary and appropriate measures required to protect Personal Information. Any Personal Information kept by us is disposed of or destroyed once it is no longer needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected, or when we are legally able to do so.
ndds makes information about its policies and practices respecting the collection and maintenance of Personal Information available to all interested parties. We are pleased to answer any questions that you may have regarding the collection and maintenance of Personal Information. Please forward any questions in writing or email to the address set out below.
9. Individual Access
You can also request access to your Personal Information held by us. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to Personal Information before complying with any access requests. Please forward your access request in writing or email to the address below.
10. Challenging Compliance
If you would like to receive more information about our Policies, withdraw the Personal Information you may have provided in the past, or access or correct your Personal Information, please contact our Chief Privacy Compliance Officer by e-mail or in writing, as provided below:
ATTENTION: CHIEF PRIVACY COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Joan McGoey, ndds Management Consultant
PO Box 1493
North Bay, ON, P1B 8K6
Tel: 705-303-5081 / 1-888-582-0944 FREE
t: (705) 472-9211 or 1-888-582-0944
f: (705) 472-9588